well...

Thursday, June 21, 2007

what i hate about miami international airport

what other airport makes you haul your luggage up and down 38 terminals on carpet? and then they go and put up these signs to "help." like i really want to know that i've been walking for 29 minutes already and i only have 17 more to go! that's encouraging!
the rough part about it today was that we de-boarded the plane and immediately got on a bus that took us to the terminal. a bus on the tarmac. i'd never done that before. anyhow, it seems the plane had landed where i wanted to be and then the bus took me exactly the opposite direction from there. so then i got to walk myself on back through those walkways up and down escalators and to my terminal! boy was i glad to hit the tile floors!
but I'M HOME!!! i was so happy to get here! anne brought noah to the airport to meet me. apparently she asked the kids who was going to go with her to the airport and he was the lucky one! i was so thrilled to see my kids again! to kiss their little faces and tell them i missed them. i couldn't get in the door; they mobbed me! all the girls have beads in their hair and shaki looks so pretty! well, they all do, really!
jimmy's graduation is in the morning so i should be on my way, but i thought i'd share a bit of my day with y'all first!!
I'M HOME!

7 Comments:

Blogger Todd said...

YEAH - The first comment.....Welcome back...glad you had a great trip, and that the kids were so excited to see you.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Kathy Eden said...

I'm so glad you made it back safely. Yeah, I agree with you on the Miami airport. It's nuts!
I glad you had an awesome vacation but am also glad you're back with the kids.
I hope some one takes a picture of Shakira's hair.

5:13 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Yeah!!! Home sweet home!! I'm happy you are back where you belong! I bet Noah was so excited to get to go to the airport to pick you up!! And the girls in beads, Oh, I can't wait to see!!

Tell Jimmy, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so excited for him!

7:27 AM  
Blogger Papa YouYou said...

East, west, home's best!
Glad you're home!!!
39 kisses! Bet you're lips were tired!
Congrats to Jimmy!
slpo

5:28 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

I don't like traveling either!

5:14 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Oh my gosh! I know exactly what you mean about that airport. It is ridiculous! I thought that my arm was absolutely going to fall off before I could drag my carry on luggage through the six miles of terminal that we had to trek through to reach our gate! That was the worst part of the whole trip. Even being at the airport at 5 am didn't compare! I'm glad that you made it back safe and can't wait to see you and all the kids, Jimmy, the nannies, etc. when I get there in August! Tell Jimmy congrats from us.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Kristina said...

I'm glad you are home and jealous of all those kisses you got!!!

Tell Jimmy congratulations!!!!!!!

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home