well...

Thursday, May 17, 2007

7 things . . .

um. . .


1. my superpower is hyper-senses. i can hear and smell a lot of things others cannot.
2. i went to five colleges and i don't have a degree. trinity western university, northwest baptist college, gaviln community college, sacramento city college, and the masters' college. i started out studying theater, which was just silly. then i realized i wanted to work with orphans and switched to early childhood education. but from that point on my goal was not a degree but a good understanding of child growth and development. i never intended to be working in the california school system; i knew i wanted to come here. and i knew i wouldn't need a degree to do this.
3. i hate coffee. i worked coffee shops and cafes since i was sixteen, but i can't stand the stuff. i can sell it like crazy, i'm very good at it. i know a good bean from a bad one. i know enough to know that starbucks burns every bean and makes really bad brews but are EXCELLENT marketers and good employers. nicole makes me a cup of coffee every day and i pour it on my plant shortly after she goes downstairs!!
4. i have a turtle! his name is hurdle. he is a red eared slider and i think he's really cool. (of course he's living in california with some other turtles right now wondering what ever happened to that bald-headed girl he used to live with.)
5. speaking of hair, i really do love my hair. i love it when it's shaved and when it's curly. i think i have good hair. most people want to trade in their hair for someone else's, but i love mine.
6. i love the moon! i say that Jesus gave it to me because i loved it so much and now He trusts me to share it with all of you. it really is mine. it reminds me of God's faithfulness everytime i see it. it is beautiful and gives me peace.
7. i don't browse. i have no real reason to be online once i've finished checking my email. i look at everyone's blogs, of course, but that's about it. i don't browse. i don't like being online so much.

9 Comments:

Blogger Kathy Eden said...

I guess your plant has become a customed to a daily cup of coffee!
I like turtles too!

2:27 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Yeah, knew most of those! I love seeing what I know about people and what I don't. Thanks for playing along!!

7:44 PM  
Blogger Megan Lee said...

I knew 5 of those things out of 7. I think that's kind of impressive. I love your stories. I love your life. and I love your moon. Every time I look at it I think of you. You-You's moon. I give it to you. i can see that it has always been yours and you taught me so much...from that roof with that same moon.

7:49 PM  
Blogger angela said...

yeah, i'm pretty open. like gail said, "there's not much you don't know." i left out how completely neurotic i am because a) you already know and b) if you knew more, it'd scare you!!

8:24 PM  
Blogger Bethany's Adventure said...

I have to tell you the more I learn about you the more I find we have in common.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Kristina said...

I have a turtle too, he's permanently attached to my right foot!
I love the moon as well. Thank you for sharing it with me.
Turtles and moons have a connection you know?!

Thanks for sharing!

10:47 PM  
Blogger Carsen said...

Yes! This is the first one of these things that I actually knew the facts! I will see you soooo soon :)

8:28 AM  
Blogger Elisabeth said...

I did know some of those: I know the coffee one & that you worked at Java & Jazz, right???? And that you have a turtle & that you love your hair! I knew some I knew some!!!! :) your facts has mad my a happy person!

2:38 PM  
Blogger Carsen said...

And... Happy belated birthday!! I hope dinner was fantastic.

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home