well...

Sunday, June 17, 2007

onward and florida-ward


i am now in florida visiting gretchen and family! i had a long day flying (or not flying) but now i am going to go to sleep. my flight this morning was supposed to fly out of dallas love field at 9 am. we boarded and were told we would have to wait due to the weather. after waiting out the rain on the runway for an hour (i was sleeping onboard), we were told that the flight was cancelled - our captain had never arrived. so we de-boarded and i was told i had to retrieve my luggage and find my way to dallas fort worth international. my luggage arrived soaking wet and i got on a shuttle ($25) to dfw with some canadian hockey players. they liked my curly hair and wanted me to go to canada with them. i told them i thought my kids would miss me. they replied to bring the kids with me but i stated that i have 39. so i like shock value; is that so bad?!
anyhow, a very nice lady at dfw put me on standby on a flight that was already supposed to have left, but since everything was delayed she thought i might have a chance. i took the skybus thing to the other terminal only to be told that the flight had been moved to the one i started at, of course. so i returned and caught the flight! amazing! PLUS it was a non-stop! my original flight was scheduled to fly from dallas to austin to raleigh to jacksonville. the only downside to being the only person with a cancelled flight who arrived at their destination EARLY today was the lack of a cell phone which means gretchen was not alerted to my change of plans. so i hung out at the jacksonville airport for awhile and had the opportunity to chat with my family and tell my dad "happy fathers' day!"
it was a great vacation and now i'm just going to relax and get ready to go home! how i miss my kids!!

(by the by, this picture was taken by jared at the gulf of mexico and not in florida.)

14 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy said...

Wow, quite a day. Glad you made it in, hope you get some rest, and by the way... I know some hockey players... you made the right decision.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Jordyn said...

Your day was really busy.

7:13 AM  
Blogger Gail said...

Aviod Canadian Hockey Players at all costs!!! I AM talking from experience here!!! RUN FAR FAR AWAY!

7:38 AM  
Blogger Kathy Eden said...

Whew!!! You made me tired just reading about your day!
Gail...what about American hockey players? Are is it all hockey players in general? Just curious :o)

8:25 AM  
Blogger angela said...

so, i'm not really sure what you all think about me, but i'm not going to run off to canada with a bunch of hockey players. it's just not my style!

8:38 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

I'm sure the 39 kids scared them anyway. :)

Way to stick with the shock factor. Love it!!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Gail said...

Uuuummm... no personal experience with American Hockey players just some very wild and crazy Canadian ones! No details but lets just say I do not want any of my girls anywhere near Canadian Hockey players like the ones I knew in my pre-Christian days!!!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Well, I'm glad you made it, finally, to Gretchen's. I pray for safe travels for your trip home. Too bad you weren't "propelled to the front of the line". It seems you fell into the obvious trap of thinking any nice lady dressed in an airline uniform, would indeed know which terminal you should go to.

I know nothing about Hockey players but it sounds like I don't need to.

Love you, friend, and can't wait to see you soon!!

12:30 PM  
Blogger angela said...

ha! thanks, michelle for the laugh! the hockey players were really an insignificant part of my day but it seems to have become the issue!
see you soon!

3:42 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

OK, You-you, obviously you are not liking our teasing about the hockey players!!! I'm sorry, I'll stop!

I know without a doubt you would never, in a million years and even if they were the last men on earth, run off with a bunch of men you don't know. Thank God for that!

Can't wait to see you... 4 more days!!!

6:54 AM  
Blogger angela said...

nope, i sure wouldn't! thanks!

7:44 AM  
Blogger Kristina said...

What else is there to say?

Except I sure would have liked to have seen their faces when you told them 39 kids! I bet you were just laughing inside huh?

Glad you had a wonder time. I know the kids will be glad to see you again! And I'll be glad to know you are back with them!

Love Ya!

3:26 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth said...

You-you just left! We had a great time!

See you soon You-you!

3:36 AM  
Blogger Hope and Rob said...

OK.... so.... I know one thing... when you got home... I bet you FELT like you got run over by hockeyplayers once all your kids saw you again!!! I can't imagine the happy hugs all at once!

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home