well...

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

there and back again

a title that would make any baggins proud. and, methinks, samwise gamgee as well.




on march 4, 2006 i posted my first blog post. i found this sign while wondering the streets of venice beach with my friend rocco. i was about to embark on a great journey and felt that one chapter of my life was closing while another was beginning. i believe since then i have written not mere chapters, but an entire book on this blog. i find it appropriate to close with this same picture. for surely, this is the end.

i have been informed that three angels will be looking for a couple to take over in the position as house manager. this fits the biblical picture of a family and i believe it is a good decision for the organization.

in light of this, i think it would be fairly ridiculous of me to go on posting on a blog whose address places me in haiti when clearly, i am not. and i cannot go on commenting as you-you . . . a nickname that in time will fade as many nicknames do.

some brief highlights:
* in the two years, two months and 12 days that i have been posting on well . . ., this is my 179th post. in contrast, the blog gretchen and i started for the children ran from october 2006 to december 2007 with a grand total of 205 posts!
* during this time i have watched children enter and exit the orphanage by many various means, i have seen transformed lives, i watched a complete miracle in the life of guerda (layla), i fell in love with countless children and haitian people, and i was blessed abundantly by Christ in meeting all of you: my incredible support system!
* i have had "visitors" on my blog from many many far reaching countries.
* i learned a new language
* i have started my own . . . "family."

i want to thank you for sharing with me in this journey. i don't yet know what the future holds, but as for myself, i will abide as i have always said in this: that i know Whom i have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which i've committed unto Him against that day!

i cannot lie: i'm scared. i'm sad. i miss my children everyday. but the Lord is greater than that which is in the world and i can rest in that.

goodbye.

17 Comments:

Blogger CG said...

Wow. I'll miss you. I bet it was so hard for the TAs staff to make this decision, but I believe you are correct that having a married couple in there would be a) biblical and b) helpful to the children since most of them are being adopted by married couples.

I hope you'll continue to lurk around in blogland, keeping up with TAs kiddos and sharing your life with us as well. I will always be very grateful to you for the love you've poured in to our chldrens' lives. You'll always be You You to them and to me!

May the Lord continue by His word to be a lamp to your feet and a light to your path.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Elias said...

the Lord, indeed, is still on His throne.

i love you, sistre.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I know about 40+ children that will ALWAYS know you and think of you as their You-You! I'm praying for you!

Jeremiah 29:11

I love you!

11:34 AM  
Blogger Mat said...

life just keeps getting more and more interesting. i'm excited to see what happens in the next chapter of your life.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

To me, you will always be You You. Sorry. Hope you don't mind. :) I love ya girl!!!

1:41 PM  
Blogger Brandy and Troy said...

Praying for you!!! Love, Brandy<><

5:59 PM  
Blogger Shanley said...

you made me cry you you. my heart aches.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Megan Lee said...

a new chapter and an end to one. What you have done over that past two years will never be forgotten. You have touched so many lives, including mine, is a very powerful way. I'm very excited to see where this next chapter takes you and we will still be with you always. and to me you-you, you will always be known as the flower girl :)

7:09 PM  
Blogger Kathy Eden said...

Ditto to what Cara, Michelle, & Angela said. I don't think I have anything more to add except for some {{{ hugs }}}.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Shannon H. said...

We love you very much You You. Thank you for all you have done and I look forward to what you will do next!

Dittos all around.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Gretchen, Frits, Elisabeth, Harrison and Mia said...

I love you and miss you! God is going to do great things with you my friend. Praying for you and baby! Hugs

8:04 AM  
Blogger megan haug said...

i've enjoyed your blog and following your journey. your journey is taking a turn (hummm, seems like lots of turns!) but like your brother said, and i believe i've heard you say, the Lord is still on his throne. such a simple statement, but it says so much! love you!

10:38 AM  
Blogger Elisabeth said...

i agree with angela (collins). if those kids ever do see you again, they will not call you angela. they will call you You-You, for that name will never die. the woman with that name has made to much of an impact on too many lives.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Kristina said...

Well, on my scrapbook pages it says "You You", soooo take comfort in knowing there is a place in this world where it will live on! :)

I love you and I am excited to hear where God will lead you next!

You will be dearly missed and thank you doesn't seem enough to say for all you have done for our children, but it is the only words I have at this point!

Thank you my friend! We love you!

Choose to serve your King and all will be right!

2:26 PM  
Blogger The Haiti Lady said...

I think a nickname is something you earn, and you have earned You-You. Consider making a new blog so we can follow you in the next chapter with your new little one, and all that God has begun to bless you with!
LeAnne The Haiti Lady

9:39 AM  
Blogger Todd said...

my amazing friend you-you. one of the strongest, most caring people i know. once a you-you, aways a you-you. One thing God has taught me on our journey into Haiti, is that as soon as we think we know how he is going to bring HIS WILL into place he will do something like bring a "Goat Man" into the picture and change the way WE see things happen. Sis I am sooo very excited for you as I know HE has a brilliant plan, and the view from his throne is so much broader than our own. I am so very proud of you. our family LOVES YOU DEARLY and look foward to the next chapter in your journey.

7:13 PM  
Blogger Jessie B said...

i'll miss you and to me you'll always be you-you to me no matter what but wherever god takes you when i've moved out and have a life and can fly on my own, i will visit you.i love you soooooooooooooooooooooooo much and i'm glad that god has put you in my life.he's blessed me with you.

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home