well...

Monday, April 07, 2008

the cost of following Jesus

one of the greatest things about being in the states (for however long i may be here) has been going to church! i love being surrounded by believers and being challenged to grow in my walk with Christ. my home church is copperhill and i love being able to visit when i'm in southern california. two weeks ago i was there and my pastor preached this sermon. it was so good to hear and i really wanted to share it with all of you. now i know you're busy with your kids, school, work, families and everything. i also know that brian has never preached a 20 minute sermon! however, if you download it, you can break up your listening time and i think it is worth listening to.
did i mention it will challenge you? :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Elias said...

that's how i felt after i came back from Iraq...and i wasn't even there as long as you were in Haiti. it's so great to have churches were you can go and grow!

i'm downloading it now! (fyi- mac users: right-click and select "save link as" to download it)

maybe i'll listen tomorrow on my day off.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Shannon H. said...

This was, indeed, a challenging sermon. Our small group discussed this quite a bit the following week.

I'm coming to learn that the most loving thing you can do for someone is to give them the TRUTH. Even if it is uncomfortable or unpopular.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Shanley said...

so - i listened to this while i was cleaning earlier this week - i had no idea that you had posted abou it. that's really cool. my mom and all my brothers have all listened to it now too. it's amazing.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Elias said...

i listened to part of this on my day off and then got convicted to "deny myself" 'cause i was just sitting around the house all day and a bunch of my students had a concert that evening but i was being selfish and sitting and home and relaxing...until i got convicted by this sermon, turned it off and went to the concert. it was a great concert.

but...yeah, thanks for the recommend, sistre! was really a good sermon!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Elias said...

and I agree with Shannon about the way to love someone is to give them the TRUTH.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

Hey, I finally got a chance to sit down and listen to the whole thing. That was an amazing, bold message. It was very convicting. I am just sitting here in a state of self evaluation and thinking about my priorities. How am I different? That's definitely challenging. Thanks so much for sharing. I needed that. :)

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home