well...

Thursday, April 24, 2008

freedom of speech, freedom of press . . .

this afternoon my brother and i went to see the new ben stein documentary expelled: no intelligence allowed.
and i would like to say: see it. go learn. and while some of the imagery may be a bit hyperbolic, the message is true and clear: it is an infringement on our freedom to not be allowed to explore the THEORY of intelligent design in the classroom. ben stein is not a Christian. ben stein is not even advocating creationism. he is simply asking why are we not allowed to bring an alternative theory to the table?
there are some incredibly bold statements in this film which i was impressed that he was willing to make and that the theaters played. go see for yourselves and take along a friend. the ties between darwinism, nazism all the way down to planned parenthood were chilling. but don't let me tell you. seek out the truth for yourselves.

7 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

Shawn and I went to see it last weekend. It was really good. It was scary the ties between nazism and planned parenthood. I think Ben Stein did a fantastic job.

6:24 AM  
Blogger Emily Strawn Photography said...

I am so happy that you saw this! Ry and I really want to check it out! Hope it opens some people eyes!
(he he he that's right..I can blog now...I'm cool...)

8:13 AM  
Blogger CG said...

Our pastor, RC Sproul, saw it this weekend and said that at the end of the movie the audience busted out in spontaneous applause. We have a date to see it this weekend. I've been waiting for the release for months. Yay! Like Emily said-- hope it opens some eyes!

8:21 AM  
Blogger megan haug said...

i LOVED it! and i too would encourage everyone to see it. i'd even like to go see it again. as christians, we have become so we don't stand up for anything anymore. we've become understanding of seperating "religion" from everything. a quote from Nancy Pearcy, actually i think she was quoting Francis Schaeffer, "Christianity is not just religious truth. It is total truth."

cara, your pastor is RC Sproul?!! i love him!!

1:39 PM  
Blogger Elias said...

Ken Ham (president of Answers in Genesis) told people to invite their neighbors and offer to pay the price of their admission ticket! It's worth it! Our nation needs to hear what this movie has to say!

12:27 AM  
Blogger livingpurereligion said...

I haven't seen a movie at the theater in like 3 years, but went to see this one last week. It was really great! I agree... the ties between darwinism, nazism, and planned parenthood were chilling! Hurray for Ben Stein.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Kathy Eden said...

I need to go see it. I agree with Megan, Cara...I love RC Sproul too!

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home