well...

Thursday, March 06, 2008

for the love of levi

okay friends, let's play a game. how closely do you read my blog? do you remember this fine couple from my new year's eve pictures?

meet kellie and jason davenport. they have a son named levi. levi was born with cystic fibrosis. according to the cystic fibrosis foundation, cf is "an inherited chronic disease that affects the lungs and digestive system."

because of his disease, little levi has spent far too much time in a hospital than your typical 24 month old. on top of the normal concerns of parenting, kellie and jason have to deal with the incredible risk of infection that levi faces constantly. they have to deal with living for weeks on end in hospital rooms while levi is seeking treatment. and sadly, this also adds significantly to their medical bills.

imagine the early years of your marriage. you probably didn't have a lot of extra cash.
thankfully, kellie and jason, have a wonderful family and church family (www.copperhillchurch.org) who have been very supportive through all of this. kellie and jason have started a campaign which they call "for the love of levi." please watch the following video about levi and the fight against cf.



alright, back to my game. i'm sure you all remembered the prom picture but do you remember when my friend emily and i made custom onesies for my baby? (http://angelainhaiti.blogspot.com/2008/02/cutest.html) well, emily and i are teaming up again to make some new onesies. this time they will be raffled off or sold at an upcoming fundraiser for levi! we are really excited to be involved in helping our friends out!

here is where you can come into play:
if you would like a custom onesie or child-sized tee shirt you can request one right here on my blog!! emily and i will be making them next week. they will be for donation (feel free to give generously), and all funds received will go directly to the davenports' medical bills. thank you for your support!!

12 Comments:

Blogger Kristina said...

Ok thanks for making me cry!

You know I care for children every day that are struggling with something. I only have them for 6 hours a day.

I come home exhausted and glad I get to come home. Then I realize the parents of my students never get a break. These parents are relentless in their pursuit to improve the conditions of their child's life.

So Bravo to your friends! They have an incredibly cute little boy! And the video shows how much they care for their little man! I will be praying!

Thanks for sharing!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Shannon H. said...

Put me down for a couple!

They showed this video at the Core gathering a couple of weeks ago... Levi is such an awesome little dude.

1:57 PM  
Blogger angela said...

shannon, what sizes are your children? and do you want the shirts to say anything specific? thane has sent me the copperhill logos to use too!

3:15 PM  
Blogger Kathy Eden said...

I'll take two but not sure what size to get them for "my little man." I'll say 18 months to be on the safe side. Also...not having a creative moment right now so if you want to customize them any way you want for your Godchild that's fine with me. Thanks!

2:54 PM  
Blogger angela said...

:) sweet, kathy! i'm on it!!

2:58 PM  
Blogger Shannon H. said...

I'm going to give them as gifts. Anywhere between the 6 month and 1 year size would be good!
Thx!

5:12 PM  
Blogger Kathy Eden said...

Thanks! :o)

7:21 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Oh my gosh...that video made me cry. What a handsome little guy. I'll take 3. One 6-9 months onsie and 2 kid t-shirts. You know the size of my kids. What a wonderful friend you are to do this. Praying for Levi!!!

6:43 AM  
Blogger We Are The Jones' said...

Just let me know where and who to send a check to. This hits close to home for me. Maisy tested positive for CF when she was 1 month old, then retested negative and is being tested again this week.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

If it's not too late I would love to have 3 kids size shirts. I'll e-mail the details.

1:48 PM  
Blogger Shanley said...

are you going to put the copperhill shirts on here?

10:54 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

I'll take a couple too, Angela. One in 12 mo. and one in 18 mo. You decide what fits Glory's personality best from your clothing line! ha ha!

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home