well...

Friday, January 12, 2007

godspell

tonight i went to the dress rehearsal of "godspell" at st joseph's. i have been to many of their rehearsals helping read lines, cue music, etc. but this was amazing and i hadn't really been here for the 2nd act rehearsing . . . anyhow, walnes (who plays Jesus) got me thinking: what a horrible day when Jesus died. i mean, imagine what that time was like when the world was dark, the hour Jesus died. the love, the peace that had always existed between the Father and the Son was not . . . the constant communion that it was when God turned His back on Christ. in the play they turned out all but one red light over the cross and the mourners carried Jesus' body away in the darkness. i believe that the communion of the Father and the Son effects us here on earth today. God makes the sun to rise and fall on us all, right? it just seems that when He died all was not "right in the universe." i don't know if my thoughts are making sense, but i was just trying to imagine what it must have been like on earth when the Father's face was turned and the Son of Man was dead.

5 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I don't know that we could possibly get a true picture of what that must have been like. Praise God for three days later!!!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

I have pondered that myself. Thanks for sharing. I too praise God for 3 days later!!

So when will the boys perform godspell? I wish I could see it. They are amazing!!

12:57 PM  
Blogger Phillip said...

Wow

1:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the final bit of truth that brought me to Salvation ! It's amazing!

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous = Emily Devey! luv ya!

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home