well...

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

on Christ-mas day...


yesterday morning my family was a bit surprised when my dad's little brother (he's little in the same way elias is "little" to me) called to say that yes, they could join us for Christ-mas dinner! growing up, we were really close to my uncle paul, anut julie, and their three boys, so we were really excited to hear that they were going to come see us. my aunt julie had a recent bout with breast cancer and the Lord brought her out on top, so again, we were really excited to spend some time with them! we have so many reasons to celebrate!





it was a wonderful day to spend with my family and our friends from church (both from hollister and oakhurst). my dad, the great stroyteller, livened up the evening with tales of their childhood which are always worth listening to. my mama, of course, cooked and cooked all day; some of the most delicious food you've ever had. and elias and i took a mallet to some candy canes!
we skipped the whole present thing as a family this year which doesn't mean in the least that we weren't blessed or given incredible gifts. i mean, i was given the gift of vacation by the board of directors for three angels and anne, who is graciously taking my place while i'm away!! we were blessed to be together in a warm home to celebrate the birth of our Lord. and we have the greatest gift, the Holy Spirit, who helps us understand the magnitude of the love and sacrifice of Jesus!

how blessed are we?



plus, aunt julie and i have the same shoes!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right, it was a GREAT Christmas and it was GREAT to have a Uncle Paul and Aunt Julie here as surprise guests!
It was good to have everyone else here, too!
God is SO good!
I'm not exactly sure how I got into telling the story of "Uncle Paul and the Space Monk" on Christmas.
The good news is that last night was the Authorized Version.Today I'll tell you the unabridged rrrrrrrrrrrest of the story!
Merry Christmas!
slpo

12:32 PM  
Blogger Kristina said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful day! God is good!

12:37 PM  
Blogger Todd said...

I love a great family day celebrating Jesus.....oh and the shoe picture... brilliant art work!

3:33 PM  
Blogger angela said...

i knew you'd like that, todd!

4:02 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I'm so happy you were able to enjoy your family. Love and miss you!

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angela! Hey, lady, trying to get hold of your FOLKS, actually. Tell 'em Liz & Denis are in town, staying at her folks place. New phone number, listed under Jack & Tay.

I'm LOVING reading up on your blog and precious kids.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Kristina said...

Icquiring minds want to know what you will say next! Tee! Hee!

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home