well...

Monday, January 08, 2007

fool

well, as some of you i'm sure read (my dad kinda blew my story) this fool packed her passport and sent it on ahead of me to the plane. i said a tearful goodbye to noah and brendie and then stood in line for security. then i realized the foolishness of my actions!! as though i never travel internationally!! c'mon, you-you! so, i had to talk to the ticket man and tell him that i had my passport only it was already on it's way to the plane without me. he had to get a baggage handler to go after my bags. he sent noah, bren (who graciously waited for me), and i down to baggage claim. we hung out there for about an hour and then they suggested we return to the ticket counter. well, the ticket man was surprised to see me for a third time, but was incredibly helpful and got my bags for me. swiftly i took out my passport and re-checked-in. at this point he told me that everyone on my flight had been rebooked onto a flight for ft. lauderdale. whatever. so, i hugged noah and bren for the 11th time and got on my plane and came home!

praise God He got this fool safely here!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

angela, that is something i could see myself doing. oops. but altleast you got it and now you are home. i am sure the kids were just as excited to see you as you were to see them.

4:22 PM  
Blogger elias said...

my favorite part of the story was "swiftly i took out my passport and re-checked-in." I also liked "so, i hugged noah and bren for the 11th time..."

glad you're home sistre! i'm praying for you! when do we get to see more pictures of those kids?? (oh, and a picture or two of you would be great too!)

5:16 PM  
Blogger Kristina said...

Elias, I like the way you think!
More Pictures, more pictures!!!!!!

I'm glad you got home safe. And too funny on the whole passport thing! thank God there was someone willing to help you!
I look forward to new stories about Haiti!

5:24 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

It actually worked out nicely for Carsen, since you originally were flying in way before her and going on to the "O" without her. Unfortunately for you because you had to wait for her plane to arrive before you got home!

I'm glad you both made it there safely. Take care of my girl!!

6:41 PM  
Blogger Gretchen, Frits, Elisabeth, Harrison and Mia said...

We are just glad you are back!

8:46 PM  
Blogger Todd said...

okay..okay...enough about the adventures of you-you.....howz my boy?....jk... I'm glad you are home. Can't wait to hear more tales from Haiti.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Swiftly, huh? I love it!!! LOL!!! I'm glad you are home safe and sound.

Love you!!

10:05 PM  
Blogger angela said...

clearly i used the word "swiftly" for my brother and michelle's benefit! i'm working on pics, okay friends? thanks, bren, for your patience! and yes, papa todd, jojo is fine!

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home