well...

Thursday, November 16, 2006

clothes

so, i've decided i like clothes shopping in haiti. i was telling gretchen about it and she says it sounds like the vip shopping at nordstrom. kinda! it works like this:
someone has a cousin who sells clothes. they say to said cousin, "hey there's a white girl i work with who will buy some of these things. let me take some to work and show her. then you can give me a little bit of what you make!"
and the cousin thinks it's a great idea so she gives my employee some items. the employee figures she knows what you-you likes because she knows my whole wardrobe by working with me, so she picks out some choice items.
then she comes to work and spreads them out on a table and calls for me to come see. she tells me they're not too expensive and that i'll really like them. (she also knows my general size!)
not surprisingly the items are to my liking; my employees take note! then she tells me the price, "$40." now, if you do the math, that comes to less than $7 u.s. so, right to my living room, clothes that have been picked out especially for me for under $7 ~> now that's the way to shop!!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So where are the pictures?
Can I see these "bargains"?
ps- Mama You You says, "Sounds like great shopping to me."

10:30 PM  
Blogger Elias said...

sounds like everybody wins!

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

she brings us clothes surprisedly...

11:50 PM  
Blogger Phillip said...

wow, I'm going to try getting the Germans to do that! Haha! I don't think it will go as well for me though. And certainly not for under $7!!!!

2:40 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Man, I'm jealous!! Who would have ever thought, after all these years, Haiti was where I should have been doing my shopping. That's quite a deal!

7:11 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Oops! I'm not suppose to be jealous, am I? I mess that up everytime.

7:12 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

LOL!! That's a sweet deal You You. I think really rich people shop that way. You probably feel like royalty. How cool to not fight lines and racks of clothes and trying on. They just bring them to you. Welcome to stardom!! Can I have your autograph?

8:50 AM  
Blogger Kristina said...

Hey how cool is that that God is pampering you? I'm glad. I can't think of anyone more deserving!

5:04 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

Why doesn't this "boss" get that treatment???? What's up with that!!

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home