well...

Monday, November 06, 2006

dane!

i have known dane and his family since i was 7 years old. (a great year, huh dad?) and TODAY dane and don (his dad) came to visit me here in haiti! they are working with local men to start an orphanage outside of port au prince! dane's older brother jordan is the reason i came to haiti in the first place. he called me one day and said he was going to haiti for a week with global missions fellowship and he thought i should go with him. it was a wonderful trip and i suppose it changed my life, eh? i mean, i live here now, right?! wow. so, praise God for the skow family and their williness to reach out! i pray that the Lord will use them to bless more children here in haiti.

when i was a little girl i used to ask dane to marry me all the time. now he says 20 years of flirting may have paid off! he tried to get the haitian pastor they were with to do the cermony today, but i said i'd at least have to talk with my parents first!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

So let's count, how many men want to marry you anyway?!!

11:47 AM  
Blogger angela said...

ha! maybe someday one of them will be serious and not 14.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

LOL!!!

2:19 PM  
Blogger angela said...

wait! you can't do anything about the proposal! i don't have control over that! but of course i know there are certain people one must consult before receiving blessing!!

7:37 PM  
Blogger Elias said...

DANE SKOW! wow, how cool that you got to see him! yay dane! if he's still around tell him i said "hello".

11:39 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

what will you tell ti mari ou??

10:59 AM  
Blogger angela said...

ha! no, he won't care: it wouldn't be worth it!

2:22 PM  
Blogger Shannon H. said...

I thought you were promised to the handsome fella that gave you his studio photos... I still remember how, um, visually striking he was.

6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so about our wedding? did you let your parent know about my love for you? becuz im telling everone in the states about this beautiful woman in haiti. your blog is soooooo great, that i had to get me my own. oh yeah my email is danejskow@yahoo. P.S im not joking about my love for you. i will marry you in a heart beat! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

1:05 PM  
Blogger angela said...

shannon....
(in my most threatening voice)
that boy was not for me!!!

preacher's son, who the heck are you?

dane, my dear, i'll email!

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home