well...

Sunday, March 04, 2007

i really want to share this with you all: i have been here for nearly a year now and as a lot of you know, i have been wanting to have a REAL conversation with my employees. well, yesterday i had my first one! i was so thrilled, but then i didn't have internet to tell you all about it. i was able to reference bible verses with them and discuss what the Word of God has to say about outward appearances verses matters of the heart.
jimmy put in a fake earring just to hear what i would say but some of the more fundamental nannies saw it and wanted to know if i thought it was okay. i explained that while i didn't like it for jimmy, it was not wrong for him to wear it. they told me that in 1 cor. 11, we are told otherwise. but i turned to that chapter and was able to show them that it doesn't actually say that at all. i was able to show them that we are living in the grace of God. that there are things, very specific things, that the Lord tells us to abstain from and to the best of my ability with the Holy Spirit, i abstain from such things. i am a sinner, i will never say otherwise, but my sin is not cutting my hair or wearing jeans. these things are not written in the Word of God. Jesus looks at my heart, not my pants.

well, that was a beginning. someday i'll be able to say that i understand that your pants can be a reflection of your heart and so on, but for now that was really exciting for me! thanks for those of you who have been praying to that end for me! please keep it up!

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Angela, it's Katie. I emailed you a couple of weeks ago, but since I've been disorganized and lost your email. Anyway, I'm coming down this summer for about a month and 2 other girls are coming with me. I'm from Michigan and I'm friends with Gretchen's sister Jennifer. Anyway, for our trip I've sort of been put in charge of the children's/orphanadge ministry. I was just wondering if you could maybe you could email me a list of things that you need for the kids like bottles, cloth diapers, etc. and about how much you might need. I know that you're busy, so whenever you get time is perfect for us. Also if you have any ideas on crafty type things that we could make with the older kids or any ideas on anything would be greatly appreciated. We just want to come to serve you and serve them and anything that you can think of would be awesome. Again, I know that you're busy, so whenever you have time is perfect. You can email me at karet_03@hotmail.com. Thanks so much Angela.

5:50 PM  
Blogger angela said...

or my shaved head and nose ring? :)


or gail's tattoos?

7:11 PM  
Blogger Kristina said...

I'm praising God for your willing heart to be able to really talk to the nannies! You must have been praising God a lot that day?

Also just curious how they feel about tatoos? Hmmmmm

I will be praying God allows more conversation moments!

8:57 PM  
Blogger Carsen said...

Awesome! I can't wait for more to come!

PS They might freak out a bit when they see mmmyyy tattoo, which by the way I'm getting on St Patty's. yay.

10:27 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

I've already been told that God doesn't like my tattoo's or my belly ring by the boys at St. Joseph's. It made me laugh because there was nothing said about pre-martial sex, which in God's word it clearly states is not acceptable. Interesting!!

I'm praying you are able to continue this dialouge with them. I know that most of them do not wish to live "in sin" but feel they have no other choice because of circumstances. I'm also praying that we will have even more weddings this summer!!!

8:29 AM  
Blogger Elisabeth said...

(gretchen again) So the real question is what is the tatt going to be, Carsen???

8:26 PM  
Blogger Elias said...

i'm so excited for you sistre!!! yay! so cool that you are developing your conversational skills. i know the feeling of not being able to communicate the thoughts in your head! happened to me often in Mexico. press on mi hermana! i love you.

12:50 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

That's awesome, Angela!! I pray (and I know) God will continue to use you not just in effecting the lives of the children, but the entire Staff as well. Thank you!

7:56 AM  
Blogger Elisabeth said...

Amen to that!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Shannon H. said...

Let's start a new blog site with pictures of all of y'alls tattoos and piercings.

"Three Heathens Children's Relief and Tattoo Parlor"

I myself, have not degraded my God-given body thusly. Sinners...

3:08 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

And this is coming from the woman we see on VH1 behind a certain female preformer from the 80's with big hair degrading herself!!! Heathen!!!

6:18 PM  
Blogger Kristina said...

Ha Ha Ha...you all so funnnnnnny!

FYI I have a tattoo too!

And uh...did you know there is a Christian tattoo sight? They are revamping it, but check it out.
http://www.xtat.org/

7:16 PM  
Blogger Shannon H. said...

I did NOT have big hair!

(It is way too fine to tease up so I was wearing a beret)

...and i have repented.

7:07 AM  
Blogger Gail said...

Sure, Shannon, I bet you still stand in front of the mirror in your beret bustin' a move!! Sinner!!! Dancing, shameless!

7:24 AM  
Blogger angela said...

what video!??!!

i have no tattoos. not that i don't like them, but because i have yet to find something i want on my body for the rest of my life that's not already there!

i was thrilled to have this conversation and yes, i mentioned how the Lord does not want us to have pre-maritial sex, and how our descretion is advised in other areas of adornment.

thanks again for all your prayers.

love you

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on the Study!! That is truley a gift from God :)

1:38 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Well.. I must be lucky or something because all the Nannies liked my tattoo.... Now the boys at the boys home.. Well Angela you know how they feel LOL!!! Also I am so excited about your meeting!! That is awsome! I pray for you always! Luv ya!!!

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home